Forbes Magazine rated Home Instead Senior Care as one of “America’s Best Employers” to work in 2017. Home Instead Senior Care is the only home care company included in the magazine's annual index of the nation's top employers. Our CAREGivers enjoy competitive pay above minimum wage, paid class-room training, paid overtime, flexible schedules, personal client introductions, employee recognition programs, career advancement within the company and a very supportive office staff available 24x7. Also, a very cool culture to work in! Like we mentioned, Forbes says we are a great place to work!
Home Instead Senior Care is seeking caring and compassionate Weekend CAREGivers to become a part of our team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. We are looking for people available to accept a variety of shifts on the weekend starting Friday night thru Monday morning depending on your availability. We have weekend clients who need your help, whether on-call, ongoing, or fill in shifts; hours can be between 3hrs a day up to 24hr shifts. Our office based in Covina, CA serves the communities of Azusa, Claremont, Covina, Diamond Bar, Glendora, La Verne, Pomona, San Dimas, Valinda, Walnut, West Covina and other surrounding areas. Our CAREGivers provide non-medical care to Seniors, helping them to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Companionship, conversation, safety supervision
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Assistance with activities of daily living: mobility and transfers, bathing, grooming, toileting and incontinence care
- Transportation to appointments and errands
- Caring for clients with Chronic Conditions
- Specialized care such as Alzheimer’s and other Dementia’s
*The ideal candidate will have some hands-on experience working with the elderly, either personal or professional! Additional skills training provided by Home Instead Senior Care.
Requirements to be a CAREGiver:
- Ability to treat and care for seniors and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Successfully complete the State of California Department of Social Services Home Care Aid Registry requirements
- Complete a criminal background check, DMV check and drug screen
- Negative Tuberculosis (TB) test required before hire
- Possess a valid driver’s license and valid auto insurance
- Safe, reliable car that is available to you at all times; must be able to drive
- Flexible schedule and POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- Priority given to candidates with an HCA number (registered as a Home Care Aide through the state of California)
Home Instead Senior Care Covina operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offers a variety of shifts based on client needs (day, evening, overnights, 24-hour). We offer competitive pay above minimum wage.
Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity at homeinstead.com/182.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Please note that this is the job board for the franchise office located at 750 Terrado Plaza, Suite 31, Covina, CA 91723. Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated. To find a franchise near you, please visit the Careers page.
For job related questions please call the franchise office at 6269380113. If you have any technical problems with this site please call 919-508-6147 for technical assistance.